Use a Minor Development Application to obtain permission to carry out:
- new/amended additions and alterations to landed houses
- new/amended additions and alterations to free standing structures with Gross Floor Area (GFA) of less than 120 sqm (including Outdoor Refreshment Areas)
- demolition of existing buildings
- earthworks (e.g. engineering, mining, other operations in/on/over/under land)
For more information, please refer to:
Who can apply?
This depends on the type of minor development work:
- Home owners and developers can only apply for additions and alterations to existing landed houses.
- Qualified Persons (QPs) – registered architects and engineers – can apply for all other types of minor development work.
If you submitting on behalf of the owner, you must obtain written consent from the owner and declare this in your application.
How much is the application fee?
The application fee varies depending on the gross floor area, site area, application type and development type of your proposal.
Use our online calculator to check the fees required:
Form-based Fee Calculator
Use this online form to check the fee payable for your application.
Other planning permission fees can be found in Development Control – Fees Schedule (2007) (PDF).
How do I apply?
Please refer to the step-by-step guide – How to Apply: Minor Development Application.
I need help. Who can I contact?
Contact customer service at:
Tel: (65) 6223 4811 (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm)
You can also make an appointment to meet with a URA Planner to discuss your application in person.